Corvette: Year by Year1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964
1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976
1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988
1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000
2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024
Production Delays and Rising Prices
Minor engine tweaks included an upgraded direct injection fuel system, improved engine calibration and an enhanced AFM (Active Fuel Management) range which should improve fuel economy. The LT2 6.2L V-8 was still rated at 490 horsepower or 495 horsepower with the available performance exhaust system.
As with the 2021 model year, Corvette prices for 2022 creeped up again, this time by $1,200. The base Corvette (1LT, coupe) will start at $62,195, including the destination charge.
2022 Corvette Stingray IMSA GTLM Championship Edition
- High-wing spoiler in Carbon Flash
- Yellow brake calipers
- Black Trident design wheels, with the “Jake” logo on the center caps and black lug nuts
- Exterior mirrors in Carbon Flash
- Black side rockers
- Splash guards
Each car comes with a custom-fitted indoor car cover rendered to the appearance of the No. 3 or No. 4 Corvette C8.R race car, per each Special Edition’s color and graphic scheme. The IMSA GTLM Championship Edition package starts at $6,595.
2022 Corvette Stingray Coupe 3LT
|Standard Vehicle Price||$72,850.00|
|Z51 Performance Package||$6,345.00|
|Front Lift Adjustable Height||$2,260.00|
|Z51 Performance Suspension with Magnetic Selective Ride Control||$1,895.00|
|Amplify Orange Tintcoat||$995.00|
|Engine Appearance Package||$995.00|
|Sueded Microfiber-Wrapped Steering Wheel||$595.00|
|Competition Sport Bucket Seats||$500.00|
|Orange Seat Belt||$395.00|
|Carbon Flash Metallic Painted Outside Mirrors||$100.00|
|Total Vehicle Price: $88,225.00|
While a few Corvettes have been modified for right hand drive by individuals (at considerable expense), no Corvettes have left their factory so equipped. That changed with the C8 and now customers in Japan, Australia, New Zealand will be able to purchase a Corvette in a (for them) much more desirable right hook version.
There will be a premium however; prices will be higher - in the case of Japan, the tab is ¥14.000.000 or around $122,533 for a 3LT model, depending on the exchange rate.
Part of the reason behind a RHD Corvette was the Ford Mustang, which made a right hand drive version starting in 2015 which was wildly successful. As with the 1955 Ford Thunderbird, corporate egos (and profits) are powerful things and GM did not want to be shut out of the party.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.