Corvette: Year by Year1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964
1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976
1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988
1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000
2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020
1997 C5 Corvette
A Brave New Corvette World
Performance car standards, along with customer's expectations, had changed. Until recently high performance meant comfort sacrifices. Bone rattling, noisy and uncomfortable rides was the price of speed and there was no getting around it. But technology had changed and when the latter part of the 1990s arrived, going fast did not require self imposed torture.
1997 Corvette For Sale
Click Here for more info
this car has many performance upgrades as well as sound system modifications. The motor is a MTI 347 Forged with 12,000 miles and 368 WHP (have dyno sheet) (more)
The C5 was introduced in 1997. It was an entirely new car; more so than any other Corvette generation in that all major elements - the drivetrain, the chassis and the body - had not appeared before.
Something else was new: when describing the C5, road testers used the word "refined", which was not how previous Corvettes were labeled. It's not that the Corvette was going soft in its later years; the difference was in the state of the automotive art.
For Corvette fans, the C5 represents a watershed moment in Corvette development. The C5 chassis and drivetrain layout would be essentially the same through the C6 and C7 generations or 23 model years. Consequential changes only appeared with the C8 mid-engine layout - a testimony to the soundness of the C5 chassis design.
The output of the LS1 was 345 hp - only 30 hp less than the ZR-1 as introduced in 1990. Engine RPM was limited to 6,000 RPM
1997 Corvette Options, Prices
|AAB||Memory Package||6,186 (63.43%)||$150.00|
|AG2||Power Passenger Seat||8,951 (91.79%)||$305.00|
|AQ9||Sport Seats||6,711 (68.82%)||$625.00|
|B34||Floor Mats||9,371 (96.09%)||$25.00|
|B84||Body Side Moldings||4,366 (44.77%)||$75.00|
|C2L||Dual Removable Roof Panels||416 (4.27%)||$950.00|
|CC3||Removable Roof Panel, blue tint (coupe)||7,213 (73.96%)||$650.00|
|CJ2||Electronic Dual Zone Air Conditioning||7,999 (82.02%)||$365.00|
|D42||Luggage Shade and Parcel Net||8,315 (85.26%)||$50.00|
|F45||Selective Real Time Damping, electronic||3,094 (31.73%)||$1,695.00|
|G92||Performance Axle Ratio (Automatic only)||2,739 (28.09%)||$100.00|
|MN6||6-Speed Manual Transmission||2,809 (28.80%)||$815.00|
|NG1||Massachusetts / New York Emissions||677 (6.94%)||$170.00|
|T96||Fog Lamps||8,829 (90.54%)||$69.00|
|U1S||Remote Compact 12-Disc Changer||4,496 (46.10%)||$600.00|
|UN0||Delco Stereo System with CD||6,282 (64.42%)||$100.00|
|V49||Front License Plate Frame||2,258 (23.15%)||$15.00|
|YF5||California Emissions||885 (9.08%)||$170.00|
|Z51||Performance Handling Package||1,077 (11.04%)||$350.00|
Notes: Base Corvette Coupe with 346 cu. in. 345 hp engine and four speed automatic transmission: $37,495.00.
|10||Arctic White||1,341 (13.75%)||Black / Light Gray / Red|
|13||Sebring Silver Metallic||2,164 (22.19%)||Black / Light Gray / Red|
|23||Nassau Blue Metallic||292 (2.99%)||Black / Light Gray / Red|
|41||Black||2,393 (24.54%)||Black / Light Gray / Red|
|53||Light Carmine Red Metalli||381 (3.91%)||Black / Light Gray|
|70||Torch Red||3,026 (31.03%)||Black / Light Gray / Red|
|87||Fairway Green Metallic||155 (1.59%)||Black / Light Gray / Red|
Notes: Listed are recommended color combinations but any combination was possible.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.