Corvette: Year by Year1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964
1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976
1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988
1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000
2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024
Purchasing a Classic Corvette
Step One: What floats your boat?
For the most part, a Corvette five years old or younger will depreciate similar to other used cars. Keeping the price higher will be the fact that it is a Corvette and as such is a desirable car; car dealers use the term "salable". Pushing the price down: it is a Chevrolet and the marques most expensive model.
The C5 Generation: Introduced in 1997, the C5 was a major leap ahead. All aspects were improved over the C4, including performance, ride, packaging etc.
1990 Corvettes featured a new interior and dashboard layout that was much improved with a driver's side air bag as a bonus.
There was a styling upgrade for 1991 and although it wasn't major, the Corvette had a much more modern look to it. These C4 Corvettes are considered attractive to enthusiasts as they add a lot of improvements over the earlier generation yet the prices are very reasonable.
Around 1990 another trend appeared that helps make those and later Corvettes attractive. They became more likely to be "second cars", as opposed to primary cars. Since the owners were often moving up, Corvettes were more likely to be garaged, well maintained and not heavily driven.
1975 - '82 This is a low point in Corvette performance (and all other cars as well) since emissions laws had become very stringent and the technology was not able to deal with them adequately. The prices are low for these years so if you have a tight budget there are some interesting candidates as a "starter Corvette". We recommend that you ignore any cars that are not in top condition as the cost to correct any faults cannot be justified.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
What sources have you tried in your search?
Do you want a driver, show or concours perfect example>
How far are you willing to travel for the right car?
WebCars! / Corvette Story Webmaster
Good afternoon Jim,
I am trying to find a 1969 corvette couple with the following particulars.
-black interior (would consider grey or silver)
-4 speed manual
-425 hp tri carbs
Are you able to help me find this? I can pay cash as soon as we find the car I am looking for.
Many thanks for your support