Corvette: Year by Year1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964
1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976
1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988
1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000
2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024
2024 Corvette E-Ray Introduced
Corvette Goes Electric.
GM decided to break new ground with the 2024 Corvette E-Ray, the first Corvette with electric propulsion.
Electric and hybrid cars had become popular in recent years, but the new Corvette E-Ray is not electrified with the goal of better fuel efficiency or to seek the advantages of an alternate propulsion system.
Although the new Corvette can technically be called a hybrid, the goal was electrification as a way to gain a performance advantage.
Above: The E-Ray emblem located just below and behind the wishbone. Blue, which is seen as implying electrical functionality, is seen throughout the 2024 Corvette E-Ray.
Below: The E-Ray / Stingray emblem on the rear of the engine compartment access. Note that it is similar but still differentiated from the standard Stingray emblem on the right.
|Corvette Z06||Corvette E-Ray|
|0 - 60 MPH:||2.6 Seconds||2.5 Seconds|
|1/4 Mile Acceleration:||10.6 Seconds||10.5 Seconds|
|Horsepower:||670 hp @ 8,600 RPM||655 hp @ 6,450 rpm|
|Cost:||$106,695 (1LZ Coupe)||$104,295 (1LZ Coupe)|
|Weight:||3,434 lbs. (Coupe)||3,774 lbs. (Coupe)|
The performance advantage for the E-Ray can be attributed to the AWD feature since it is distributing the power over four wheels instead of two.
Note the pricing which is similar between the two models. One might think that GM is shooting themselves in the foot by forcing the two models to compete with each other. That's probably not the case since the Z06 has been a complete sales success with final prices often in excess of MSRP. We anticipate the same thing happening to the E-Ray.
The two models also give Corvette buyers an interesting alternative. While the E-Ray might be marginally faster - keep in mind that the quoted figures are listed as approximate by GM - the Z06 features an 8,600 RPM redline and an amazing exhaust note from the flat plane crankshaft engine.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.