Corvette: Year by Year1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964
1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976
1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988
1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000
2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024
Z06 C8: New Performance and Value Standards
GM had already made a significant statement with the introduction of the 2020 mid engine Corvette C8.
It would speak even louder with the 2023 Corvette Z06.
Left: There is some serious rear tire width on the C8 Z06. The 13 inch wide wheel is the largest GM has put on a Corvette; previously the largest was found on the 2019 ZR1 which featured a 12 inch wheel.
Michelin® Pilot Sport 4S ZP tires are standard, with Sport Cup 2 R ZP tires included with the available Z07 package.
For Serious Track Days
The available Z07 package includes a carbon fiber aero package with larger front splitter, front-corner dive planes, a rear wing (above) and underbody strakes that enhance downforce. According to GM, the wing provides 734 pounds of downforce at 186 mph, more than any previous Corvette. Additional features include a unique FE7 suspension with specific v4.0 Magnetic Ride Control.
Also included: Larger Brembo® carbon ceramic brake system featuring larger, 15.7-inch-diameter (398 mm) front rotors and 15.4-inch-diameter (391 mm) rear rotors.
According to GM, when equipped with the Z07 performance package in the track prepared configuration on a 300-foot diameter circle, the Z06 is capable of 1.22 g of road-hugging grip.
The C8 Corvette Z06 is available as an HTC (Hard Top Convertible). Since the introduction of the C7, GM has had a policy of not restricting Corvette to certain options based on a given model. Previously it was common for transmissions, engines and body configurations to be limited in certain areas; for example Z06 Corvettes of C6 and earlier generations were equipped with manual only transmissions.
GM quotes a 0 - 60 MPH time of 2.6 seconds and a 1/4 mile time of 10.6 seconds.
Top speed for the C8 Z06 is 194 mph; Z51 performance package Z06 are rated to 184 mph - the difference found in the smaller front splitter and rear spoiler.
MSRP pricing is $106,695 for the 1LZ coupe; $115,895 for the 2LZ coupe and $120,545 for the 3LZ coupe. The convertible is $114,195 for the 1LZ; $122,895 for the 2LZ and $127,545 for the 3LZ.
Party Time: 70th Anniversary Corvette
Since 1978 for the 25th celebration, GM has celebrated Corvette anniversaries on a regular basis. So nobody was surprised when a 70th Anniversary was available for the 2023 model year.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.