Corvette: Year by Year1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964
1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976
1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988
1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000
2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024
The solution: give the ZR-1 its own block. That block would accommodate the production requirements, but there was an economic downside. The new block would mean the ZR-1 would cost a lot more to develop and build and this would have consequences for the future of the ZR-1.
ZR-1 motor statistics:
- Designation: LT5
- Configuration: V8, 350 cu. in., four overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder
- Intake: Multi-port fuel injection
- Compression Ratio: 11.0:1
- Horsepower: 375 @ 5800 RPM (1990 to 1992)
405 hp @ 5800 RPM (1993 to 1995)
- Torque: 370 lb-ft @ 4800 RPM (1990 to 1992)
385 lb-ft @ 5200 RPM (1993 to 1995)
- Bore/Stroke: 3.90" (99 mm.) x 3.66" (93 mm.)
- Block: Aluminum; Nickasil coated cylinder liners
- Heads: Aluminum, cross flow
It's Still Hard to Believe!
Note: Clicking on an image with this symbol () will lead to a larger image.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.