Corvette: Year by Year1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964
1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976
1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988
1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000
2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024
Corvette C7 Z06 Convertible
Student Photo Shoot
"The students had a challenging assignment because the work I see being done on a daily basis by our Design team is so good," said Ed Welburn, vice president for GM Global Design. "So for the students to go into this area was obviously going to be tough by comparison – but they came through. Even more, in some cases the students came up with lighting techniques and angles we have not seen before."
GM also set up a best photo contest and invited the public to vote via a Facebook page. The winner was Dan Wang who said he would use the $5,000 prize to "help fund the pursuit of some of my personal projects, like documenting the Hardcore Happening, an annual Hot Rod Festival in upstate New York."
Finkelstein is graduating this spring from Pratt Institute with a degree in fine art photography. For the Z06 shoot, Finkelstein chose traditional techniques to bring an innovative, new look to the car. "Mike took a risk in shooting on film in today’s world of digital photography, but it paid off. The result is a unique set of shots that have history to them, just like the Corvette itself. Mike’s shots are highly emotional images where the vehicle looks alive," said Stephen Gray, creative manager, GM North America Design.
Sforza is attending the School of Visual Arts in New York, studying still-life photography. His concept for this shoot was to portray the birth of a new car, driving out of a ray of light. "Nico creatively used negative space and shadows to dramatically lead the viewer’s eye in his images. His choice to light the opposite side of the hood is unexpected, but it works well and gives the car character. All of his shots really portray the Z06 as a supercar," said Gray.
Wang is a senior at the Rochester Institute of Technology studying advertising photography. Wang’s goal with his Z06 photos was to portray how the vehicle would look on the road by creating images that were aesthetically lifelike. "Dan adds drama to his photos by using strong angles and playing up features such as the aggressive side vents. Background elements, like his use of the smoke machine, help create a full scene – the car looks like it is sitting in my garage, ready to go," said Gray.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.